Floor Insulation problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Insulation problem!!!

Hi, i can't find any of the insulating materials (calcium boards, vermiculite, perlite) which are mostly used, i'm only accessible to fiber blankets, rock wool, and fiberglass... I know these are not as efficient, but if many layers are used, would that at least give me some insulation under the density of the brick floor? a soldier course in plan, so maybe there won't be too much weight to compress the soft insulation if huge amounts are used? any information would be of help, thank you so much in advance.

The blanket will compress making it unsuitable and reducing its insulating capacity. Other alternatives are insulating firebrick, LECA (lightweight expanded clay aggregate) or pumice? Try searching refractory materials, insulation or hydroponics supplies.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
      The blanket will compress making it unsuitable and reducing its insulating capacity. Other alternatives are insulating firebrick, LECA (lightweight expanded clay aggregate) or pumice? Try searching refractory materials, insulation or hydroponics supplies.
      Hi david s, my options are limited to what i've mentioned, also i have 100kg of refractory sand which i bought years ago and not used, if it would be of help anyway

Comment

Working...
      X