No announcement yet.

Excess materials near Denver (Longmont)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excess materials near Denver (Longmont)

I've got several things that WFO makers may be interested in at a bargain:

Ceramic Blanket - probably enough for 2 ovens (100 sq feet or so). Firemaster FastWrap+ 1.5" thick. I have 3-4 rolls 25' long. It is foil wrapped on one side, but the foil just comes off in seconds. This was reclaimed from a Semiconductor Fab (Intel) where it was used to wrap superheated gas ducts. I have the safety datasheet I can link to, stating its the newer, safe type (non-carcinogenic).

Refractory castable - I have 3-4 gallons dry mix of this, bought locally. Have some stainless needles I can throw in. Not a lot but hate to throw it out.

Chimney's - I have 2 that I did not use:
    (1) new Duratech duravent 6" inner diameter, 48" high, double walled. Inner is Stainless and external is Galvalume. Fine for cooking applications (verified) as it's all stainless inner. This was used for my drying fires, but wife thought it was too tall, so I went with a 6" x 36" I bought on this site.
    (2) used and dinged up 36" tall 8" inner diameter Selkirk double walled chimney. Would work great, if planning to build brick chimney or other decorative surround.

About 7' of ceramic rope. I bought 10' at about $20.

Synthetic Stucco. I bought 2 five gallon drums to make sure I had enough. I used less than 1/2 of one drum. Brown La Habra mix. Premixed with colorant.

Have you built your insulated door? If not, you may want to think about holding back enough of the blanket for one.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I've got a stash put away in a trash bag for the door! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X