Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SS needles in Sweden

Hello,

I live in Sweden and have big problem finding stainless steel needles. I've looked everywhere and made calls to every possible supplier and concrete factory.

So I have two questions:
    1. Is it possible to order on the internet and have it shipped abroad? If so, where?
    2. I have another idea and that is to contact a forge/smithy (not sure of the translation here) that's working with stainless steel. They might have some waste materials from stainless steel. Do you think that's going to work?

Sincerely

Originally posted by Linuc View Post
    Hello,

I live in Sweden and have big problem finding stainless steel needles. I've looked everywhere and made calls to every possible supplier and concrete factory.

So I have two questions:
    1. Is it possible to order on the internet and have it shipped abroad? If so, where?
    2. I have another idea and that is to contact a forge/smithy (not sure of the translation here) that's working with stainless steel. They might have some waste materials from stainless steel. Do you think that's going to work?

Sincerely
    Have you tried a supplier of refractory materials?
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post

Have you tried a supplier of refractory materials?
      I've tried a couple, and maybe I have found a supplier now. But I don't know if it's the right fibres. They are 25 mm long. Will it work on an 800 mm oven with 50 mm homebrew?

They are called ME-446 and ME-310.
      Last edited by Linuc; 04-15-2021, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Yes, that’s them ME stands for Melt Extract. You need to add between 2 to 4 % by weight of dry castable.
        Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Great! 25 mm not too long?

Comment

Hi Linuc,

Also from sweden and have been looking for a supplier.
            Were you able ro find a supplier?

Best regards

Comment

Hello fellow swedes,

Been struggling with the same sourcing, haven't been able to find them here either. But I have three ideas for substitutes I can share at least, either stainless nails for nailguns, stainless steel-wire cut to length or hot staples /welding wire for car bumpers.

Leaning towards trying the last one which easily can be found at Amazon in different formats and ok price:

Edit: the staples seem pre-cut, so maybe not such a good idea after all...
              Last edited by UtahBeehiver; 06-12-2021, 02:58 PM. Reason: Removed commercial link

Comment

Hey Syntax , sorry I missed your question.

I contacted kmc.se. They said they could't help me since they only sell to companies. I asked if they had any reseller/companies in my region and they gave me contact information to a company in Karlskoga which makes ovens to foundries. I contacted the company and they gave me a couple of kilos - for free!

So ask kmc.se if they have any resellers in your region and hopefully they can help you.

Comment

Working...
                X