Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think about these firebricks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think about these firebricks?

Hey all!

Getting so close to starting my build, so excited!

I found some firebrick at my local Home Depot, they're $1.16 each. Here's the info straight from their website:

​​​​​​"Fire Brick is a high heat tolerant dry-pressed clay brick. The most common use of this product is for fireplace installations, indoor/outdoor brick ovens and outdoor kitchens. Fire Brick can be used during residential or commercial installations and are capable of withstanding temperatures up to 2460° F.

-For fireplaces and outdoor brick ovens
    -Installed with fire clay
    -Can withstand up to 2460° F temperatures
    -For residential or commercial installations
    -Dry-pressed brick offers tolerance against heat up to 2460F

Dimensions: 9"x4.5"x2.5"
    Weight: 7lb
    Brick Type: Solid Brick
    Compression Strength(psi): 0
    Color Family: Yellow
    Material: Fireclay

There's no info on Alumina content. Anyways, let me know what you think! Seems like these could be good, and I like the price!

Joe Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-05-07 at 1.23.03 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	30.6 KB ID:	437764
    Attached Files

Hi all, giving this post a bump. Let me know your thoughts on these bricks. Thanks! :-)

Comment

Hi Joe, I've just seen this post and your question of suitability.
      The description and data certainly appears promising, unfortunately I'm not able to answer your question.
      Have you tried to obtain details of the Manufacturer & Suppliers at home depot who may then clarify suitability and also alumina content if any?
      Hopefully someone on the forum with far more experience and knowledge than I, may come along and answer your questions.
      I'm sorry I cannot be more help, but good luck with your build and enjoy the journey, its such a rewarding experience.
      Best wishes,
      Lance.
      My 40" Pompeii Style Oven build
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAjwiN8wKfvSJVG67

Comment

Originally posted by Wickolad View Post
        Hi Joe, I've just seen this post and your question of suitability.
        The description and data certainly appears promising, unfortunately I'm not able to answer your question.
        Have you tried to obtain details of the Manufacturer & Suppliers at home depot who may then clarify suitability and also alumina content if any?
        Hopefully someone on the forum with far more experience and knowledge than I, may come along and answer your questions.
        I'm sorry I cannot be more help, but good luck with your build and enjoy the journey, its such a rewarding experience.
        Best wishes,
        Lance.
        Hey Lance, thanks for your reply. I called HD and tried to get more information than what was provided but they didn't have anything more. I ended up finding the right brick elsewhere.

Thanks!
        Joe

Comment

Hi Joe,
          glad to hear you've sorted your bricks.
          It seems a shame you weren't able to get the confirmation sought with the home depot bricks at such a reasonable price.
          But, you're now sorted and on your way.
          Enjoy the experience, I look forward to seeing your build come along. Be sure to log your progress on the forum.
          Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Best wishes,
          Lance.
          My 40" Pompeii Style Oven build
          https://photos.app.goo.gl/UAjwiN8wKfvSJVG67

Comment

Working...
          X