Lava Rock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lava Rock

Here in Hawaii, it's hard to find the right materials for pretty much anything. I looked around on the forum a little and may have missed it, but has anyone used lava rock in place of fire brick? I'm sure it has less insulation properties, but It's cheap and I have a whole island of it.

Hi Jack,\Welcome to the forum. "Lava Rock" has been discussed several times on the forum. Here is a link to a search of the forum for "lava rock". I advise that you check out the Resources page and the Forno Bravo youtube channel. of the forum. There are lots of great info there for someone learning about WFO's. But, before all that, download the free plans from Forno Bravo. They are not all inclusive and some improvements have been devised but, you will gain a great insight into the materials and methods used to build a very efficient WFO.
    Last edited by Gulf; 01-20-2022, 06:30 PM.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I saw a thread of Reddit some time ago and I remember someone said that there's almost no difference between using lava rokc and fire brick, so why not?

Comment

Working...
      X