Vendors in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vendors in Seattle

Thanks for the new update. I will lay the base for my oven tomorrow. I bought 350 fire bricks last year, but never picked them up. Finally the guy called me, and said he knew he said I could keep them at his place as long as I wanted, but it has been over a year....

So with motivation, it is time to get this project done.

Comment

I thought I'd update this thread to share what I have learned about where to find materials in Seattle based on my own research. Any updates or additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Firebrick, fireclay, and refractory cement:
      I found *three* sources with a "retail" offering in Seattle area -
      - Mutual Materials
      - Salmon Bay Sand and Gravel
      - Harbison Walker Refractories is referenced in this thread as a good source. I haven't verified that they still sell retail, but if they do - it looks like they carry firebrick, insulating board, insulating blankets, and other supplies. Their DC is in Kent

IXL, which was previously linked, appears to have closed their WA locations. I also saw a reference to Glacier NW in another thread, but it appears they were bought out by another firm and are not an option.

Insulating Board and Insulating Blanket
      - Seattle Pottery supply appears to be the only seller in town that I can find that has a retail presence. I think they may also have fireclay
      - There is an ebay seller called High-Temp Refractory Store, that has a physical location in Portland and I saw a thread here that made me think they probably sell direct if you want to drive down there to pick up (and save the tax)
      - *However*, it appears that our host offers better prices for both FB Board and Insulating blanket than either of these options, even considering shipping costs.

Appreciate any other info that others have to share.

Oh - and one other find: Build.com has their Duravent chimney supplies on sale for 20% off + an additional 5% coupon + free shipping through the end of the month.
      Last edited by deejayoh; 01-11-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: Add HWR as a source
      My build progress
      My WFO Journal on Facebook
      My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I went to Mutual Materials in Bellevue yesterday and they sell medium duty firebrick for the good price $1.45 each. I'm a little concerned about the strength of some of the batch of bricks since I had many corners and a few edges broken off, but the vast majority of the 220 bricks I bought were solid and in great condition.

Comment

Working...
        X