Fire bricks and fireclay suppliers in New York City area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire bricks and fireclay suppliers in New York City area

Hello to all! New to the site. Allways curious about building a wood fired brick oven but din't know were to get info, stumbled on to this site and is like a new world has opened in front of me. I am now, according to my wife officialy obsessed about w.f.o. Any help in finding a local firebrick and fireclay supplier in NYC will be appreciated. Thanks for all the help

Re: Fire bricks and fireclay suppliers in New York City area

Ilfornaio,

Welcome! You won't find a better source for answering your build questions than right here. Question for you, though: Is it true there are barbecue restrictions (and maybe WFO's) for New Yorkers who live in the city?

John

Comment

I do not know for sure but I will contact the NYCFD and find out. However I work for the local utility company and I see lots of outdoor bbq. I don't think is an issue.
      Last edited by Ilfornaio; 02-13-2010, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Home | Moretto Mason Supply Inc. - Walter J. Moretto, Mason Supply Yard, Long Island, NY in Glen Cove Ny has HeathStop in 50 lb bags and 10 lb pail it also stocks firebricks in red, yellow and splits. Also here is the link to HeathStop nationwide list of local dealers http://heatstoprefractorymortar.com/dealer.asp
        I hope I did not break any rules
        Last edited by Ilfornaio; 03-13-2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Hi Ilfornaio and Welcome,
          I purchased a lot of my supplies from
          Progressive Brick
          190 Route 17 North
          Hasbrouck Heights NJ 07604
          Phone: 201-288-2121 Fax: 201-288-7713

They Have heat stop 50 mortar, Firebrick and chimney flues... among other things..
          progressivebrick
          You can get your ceramic blanket and insulation board from James, His prices are very reasonable,, You can get your Vermiculite from VermiculiteYou want the grade 4 extra coarse,, Hope this helps..
          Cheers
          Mark

Comment

Hasbrouck Heights is quite a way from were I live, however I recently found a building supplier that has heat stop 50 mortar, firebrick and chimney flues a lot closer to me. Moretto Mason Supply Inc. -Glen Cove, Long Island, NY
            I am still in the planning stages, it will be a while before I start building anything.
            Old Garage thank you for the info it will help for sure
            Last edited by Ilfornaio; 03-17-2010, 06:57 PM.

Comment

check out troffa mason in port jeff for heat stop50 ,a $20-30 a bag cheaper then glen cove or southampton--x 3-5 bags adds up .

Comment

Working...
              X