Announcement

Collapse

Warning!

Gas fired pizza ovens use high heat and combustible fuels that if not properly installed and maintained can lead to explosion, fire, injury, or death. By utilizing this site and the information given, you agree to our General Disclaimer.
See more
See less

Help with gas pizza oven problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with gas pizza oven problem

To start the oven I have to press down on a rotary button and turn to the "start" position. Then I'm supposed to release the down pressure and turn further to adjust the flame.
    The oven starts all right but as soon as I release the down pressure to adjust the flame, it shuts down.
    There are not that many moving parts so I wonder if the problem is with the regulator, the push button switch or the flame sensor. I don't think it's the flame sensor as the oven will stay lid as long as I press down on the rotary button.
    Any idea what is wrong and how to fix? Thanks in advance

I would get with a qualified gas technician.

..... I don't think it's the flame sensor as the oven will stay lid as long as I press down on the rotary button......
    That step does not rule out the the "flame sensor" (thermocouple). However, it could be the gas valve switch as they are all part of the safety interlocks to keep you from loosing your eyebrows or worse!
    ....There are not that many moving parts so I wonder if the problem is with the regulator, the push button switch or the flame sensor.....
    There may not be that many moving parts, but again, this really needs to troubleshooted and repaired by a qualified gas technician.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks Gulf for chipping in. Just to be clear, the flame will stay on as long as I press on the combo "igniter-flame setting" rotary knob that's why I think the thermocouple or the regulator are not involved as the flame with not shut down as long as I keep pressing down on the rotary knob. I doubt that a gas technician would have parts for a unit like this (apart from a regulator).

Comment

Again, that step bypasses all the components and the safety interlocks. You may want to get with the manufacturer and replace the entire control unit if you decide to DIY. Just my opinion.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Sorry Gulf, I did not understand that pressing down on the rotary knob was bypassing the thermocouple and the regulator. thanks gain.

Comment

This is a common problem with the flame failure device. It is almost certainly faulty, but needs to be replaced by a qualified gas fitter.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X