Thinking about a build!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about a build!

I have just built a great patio and would love to build one of these ovens to go along with it. I was thinking about buying one of the Pompeii90 kits from forno bravo to get started. Any thoughts for a new guy? I've gone over the instruction book thoroughly and have been checking out this forum quit a bit. Would love some advice from some of you experienced builders.
    Jay

Re: Thinking about a build!

The best advice is just jump in and do it....you can get pleanty of coaching along the way or just surf the forum for answers, they are all out there somewhere..even the technical stuff if you need it

Good luck and I hope to see your build started soon

Peter
    Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

chefjay
      put some serious thought into the size you choose, as you won't be able to increase it once started, (but then again you don't want one too big either)!
      I have a 40"Pompeii and can do up to 5 pizzas simultaneously with a bit of effort. A 36" is considerably smaller and may not meet your needs.

Cheers.

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Jay,

If you can construct a patio, you can build an oven. Some of the elements of a Pompeii look challenging at first, but the more you look at it the simpler it seems. Just approach it one step at a time and you'll been done before you know it.

Comment

Well thanks for the encouragement. Im going to start soon. Most likely pour the slab this weekend. Any idea on total costs? I know it can range depending on materials. just curious..
          Jay

Comment

Jay,

There are several guys who have posted spreadsheets with actual costs...Dino's ran about $5400 if I remember correctly. Mine so far has been roughly $1000 but I have been scavenging and using craigslist

Peter
            Member WFO-AMB=WW

Comment

Working...
            X