X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blamejane
    replied
    Re: question about this design

Thanks Neil2. I think you're right and will definitely plan on the two bends.

Valerie

Leave a comment:

• Neil2
    replied

"You can put two thirty degree bends in a flue to redirect it, or you can build your smoke funnel to redirect the flue off center,"

I would opt for the two bends. Offsetting the flue may do strange things to the draw.

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

dmun, do you think the chimney was just built off to one side then?
    That may have been because the flashing for the commercial flue system was made to go through the slope of a roof, not it's peak. You can put two thirty degree bends in a flue to redirect it, or you can build your smoke funnel to redirect the flue off center, if that's what you want.

Leave a comment:

• blamejane
    replied

dmun, do you think the chimney was just built off to one side then? That is, my chimney starts out very wide, and then (as it's built up) is reduced down to either my 8x8 flue, or whatever small width. So I'm imagining that this is not done in the center, but off to the side. Does this seem correct?

George, thanks for the info (including the photo).

Valerie

Leave a comment:

• fxpose
    replied

Originally posted by blamejane View Post
    Als, should my chimeny brick go (stack-up) to just the height of my dome, and then change to the metal pipe?
    I guess you can do that, and mount an elbow to offset your pipes. I used a couple of elbows to offset my chimney stack about 15" back. I used single walled stove pipes throughout.

George

Leave a comment:

• dmun
    replied

I don't think that chimney is rerouted: I think the long overhang in front, which is useful for wet weather operation, btw, makes it look like it is.

The metal/masonry chimney question is mostly one of design. A masonry chimney can be less expensive, and I like the look, but it's a lot of work.

Leave a comment:

• blamejane
    started a topic question about this design

question about this design

I'm trying to figure out how to make my brick oven roof and chimney look like this one...

I have a ceramic flue, but now I'm thinking I should use a metal chimney; in order to route it to the side as shown in the pictures. Does this seem correct?

Als, should my chimeny brick go (stack-up) to just the height of my dome, and then change to the metal pipe?

Thanks everyone. Here's how my oven looks at the moment...

Valerie
Working...
X