Pouring the slab...

Eric
    Let the fun begin!

Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• etheil
    replied
    Re: Wood Burning Ban

I received a response from Drake Remoray which included a link to the wood burning restrictions page for the state of colorado (Air Polution Control Division.) While it doesn't go into detail regarding which items are exempt from this ban, if at all, I was able to locate a phone number and spoke with someone who says cooking appliances are not considered as part of the ban.

Pouring the slab...

Eric

Leave a comment:

• nissanneill
    replied

Hey Eric,
    I'd get an answer from the authorities as to what are you supposed to fire it with and get an answer as to why you can't use wood.
    I think that the members would like to know. Maybe with a link, concerned members might get some movement for you!
    I appreciate that on fire ban days you can't use wood, but then you may not be able to use gas either, but if you have the safety side f the oven covered, ie. with a spark arrester and safe distances from combustible materials, there shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers,

Neill

Leave a comment:

• etheil
    replied

New wood burning fireplaces are not allowed. The person I spoke with wasn't all that confident that it wasn't something I was allowed to do. I think they err on the side of saying anything that burns wood is not legal, but knowing I can pursue the cooking appliance route helps tremendously.

Thanks so much for the suggestion and link.

Eric

Leave a comment:

• brokencookie
    replied

Check the thread here

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f16/burn-bans-3255.html

Maybe one of these folks can give you more direction.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

I thought WFO's were classified as appliances for cooking and exempt?

Leave a comment:

• Neil2
    replied

Are fireplaces banned in Denver ?

Leave a comment:

• etheil
    started a topic Wood Burning Ban

Wood Burning Ban

Hello all,

First, I apologize if I'm double posting, but I thought I put this up yesterday and it hasn't shown up. Anyway, I am in the process of planning a pompeii oven and am to the point where I have located all of the materials and have the site picked out in the backyard. Yesterday, I went down to the City and County of Denver to make sure that I was allowed to build the oven in the location I had chosen. What I came to find out is that I can build the oven, but am not allowed to fire it using wood...sigh.

So, I'm wondering if anyone here has an oven in Denver and has gone ahead with burning wood without any problems. Otherwise, has anyone run a gas line to their oven? How about charcoal? Does anyone have any suggestions that would allow me to somehow reasonably circumvent these restrictions?

Otherwise, this has been an incredible resource and I wanted to thank everyone for contributing and providing such a rich resource for brick ovens.

Thanks,

Eric
Working...
X