first pizza oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first pizza oven

Hi i am building my first pizza oven and only want to build a small dome shape. (pompii) i understand that you use fire bricks too cook the pizza on and i know you use fire bricks to form the dome then insulation over that then is it clay? what sort of clay and insulation do i use? also what do i make the base for it all to sit on?is it a speacial mix of reinforced concrete? I am going to copy a video from youtube which looks pretty basic, is this right?

YouTube - building a wooden fired pizza oven, light construction. Lav din egen br?ndefyret pizzaovn DIY any help would be appreciated thanks Luke.
    Last edited by vantheman; 11-06-2010, 05:53 AM.

Re: first pizza oven

Download the forno bravo oven instructions (it's free) and read it well. It'll tell you basically everything you need to know of the building part.

If the video you're refering to is this one, then I don't think that's really a good option. It won't last.

Comment

thanks for the reply. ok i will download the oven instructions. when you say it wont last do you mean weather wise. or the heat and general use of the oven?

Comment

Both. The concrete slab of the oven in video has already cracked, I'd presume from the heat. And I think it'll fail given some time. Also the foundation, or lack of it, doesn't seem to be up to par to withstand the mass of the oven. Or any frost that might develop during the winter.

Edit. On second look... he does dig the pillars pretty deep so they are probably fine as far as frost goes. But I'm not that keen on the idea of having the oven on wooden legs with direct ground contact, even if the legs are pressure treated.
        Last edited by Laku; 11-07-2010, 10:54 AM.

Comment

He should have used three legs instead of five. Less stress in the suspended slab.

Comment

Working...
          X