plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plans?

hello all new member here, Ive been looking all over for the free plans and have not come up with them. i did find some dimensions and what not , but not enough to really get it. While Im here can I ask anyone who knows, if the vent stack can be bent 90degrees right above the oven, so that it can return to my existing chimney in the house below the 8' ceiling. any help would be appreciated as is this site already. thanks -marc

If you are looking for specific dimensioned blueprint type plans, you are going to be disappointed by the sort of anecdotal instructions for the pompeii oven:

Here's the link

But scores of people have built ovens with all levels of sophistication from just these plans, and you have a source of continous help in this forum.

For some of us, building the oven is a fun part time diversion, and diverting from the suggestions, or coming up with alternate methods of doing things is part of the fun.

That right angle in the vent pipe? Not in the house. Code allows only a 30 degree angle in a vent pipe because that's the most angle a chimney cleaning brush can get through. Try positioning the opening of the oven closer to the chimney, and remember, you need 18 inch clearance to combustibles for anything that isn't insulated.

Good luck with your project!
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Awww. They're better than anecdotal.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james
        Awww. They're better than anecdotal.
        Yes, you're right. You've seen my drawings, dimensioned to a thousandth of an inch. It's ridiculous for a construction project, but that's how machinists think.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

What has helped me more than anything on this forum has been the progress photos of other oven builders. The plans are great and all, but to be able to cross reference five or so completed ovens, start to finish is invaluable. What would people think of a forum section where threads of completed ovens are shown in their entirety in an easier to locate manner? I find myself going to paulages and maver's and others photos a lot, but it's a lot of clicking to get there. There may be other ovens I haven't seen, as they are buried amongst posts about other things, or labeled strangely. When my oven is done, I plan on taking frame grabs from the thirty odd hours of footage I've shot and posting them start to finish. Let's hope it's not in a thread marked "what not to do"...

Comment

progress pics

Brick, I like this idea. While I appreciate Dmum's layout work, the planning involved in the autocad stuff is just not for me - I don't trust myself to measure cut brick to the mm level. I just wanted to see ideas of how things are put together when building mine. This would work better with different software, but if there was a thread for "oven progress photogalleries" the photogallery could be assembled by the builder and linked to the website. Is it photobucket that people have posted galleries to like this?

Comment

Add Photo Journals for FB Forum

I've been thinking about this for a while. We can add an Image Hosting feature to the FB Forum, where builders and cooks can post longer journals of photos. It's basically like Photobucket. I have found the software that will do it.

What do you'all think. Should we bring all the photos into FB Forum, so you won't have to jump back and forth between Photobucket?

James
              Pizza Ovens
              Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Works for me

James - it would simplify things for us. Do you have the server capacity as this forum grows?
                Check out my pictures here:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Les, thanks for asking. I'm happy with our web host, and we just keep upgrading to new hosting plans. The performance of our site seems to be good. FB.com is over 3GB and growing -- which is fine. In fact, we are going to be adding video, so the photos won't be a big deal.

Would folks who have already built ovens be happy to come back around, and post their best photos? The new software seems to work pretty much like Photobucket.

James
                  Last edited by james; 11-22-2006, 02:47 PM.
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Photo's

Hi James,

I'm still in the building stages having completed only the dome, but I'd be happy to post more pics and ones with a bit more resolution/clarity.
                    - JC

Comment

Originally posted by james
                      What do you'all think. Should we bring all the photos into FB Forum, so you won't have to jump back and forth between Photobucket?

James
                      I was just thinking we need to start a thread with links to something like photobucket, but I've never posted/registered with photobucket and it would certainly be easier to just do it all through this forum. Somewhat larger pictures would be nice, if we are building a wish list.

Comment

89 chronological images on PhotoBucket of one oven

(M) James, I organized my 89 photos in chronological order on PhotoBucket (except for the very 1st one) so if you want to add this URL to your collection for the new thread, please feel free to view it at:

http://photobucket.com/albums/a318/marceld/

(M) Here follows an early shot and a late shot before the outside kitchen is done. Fill in the middle by visiting PhotoBucket:

(M) I also have images of adaptations that I later discarded so those should probably be removed from PhotoBucket to make the process clearer for a "newbie".

Ciao,

Marcel
                        Last edited by Marcel; 11-22-2006, 11:02 PM. Reason: URL did not work so I am trying a different one
                        "Everything should be made as simple as possible, ...
                        but no simpler!" (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Ciao Marcel,

I am getting close to creating the Photo Gallery section of the forum, so if you want to wait for a short while, you will be able to post the perfect series of phots on FB Forum. You will be able to post larger photos, search photos, rate photos, etc. It should be pretty cool.

Stand by.
                          James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                          X