Re: Oven Door???
Here are a couple other looks at doors. The glass door remains my favorite project and probably most functional "tool" for the oven. If interested and need more detail on plans give a holler.
Jim
X
-
Re: Oven Door???
I had my oven a year before I had a steel door made. I mostly make pizza, rolls and occasionally shatter my wife's Pyrex cookware (she's getting tired of that) roasting this and that. I'm not sure I have seen any difference since I still think I would have to rotate what I am cooking to account for the lake of fire/coals in the doorway. anyway, mine cost $30 and is made from 1/8 inch steel with a handle spaced 3 inches from the doorfront so it stays kind of cool. The spacing makes it easy to grab it with an oven mitt.
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Oven Door???
Michelle,
This topic has been discussed quite a bit. Here the latest thread on the subject. http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f17/...ion-15049.html
If you search the threads for doors you may get as many hits as cracks.
Les...
Leave a comment:
-
Re: Oven Door???
Here's a current door thread:
Leave a comment:
-
Oven Door???
Any suggestions or ideas about making an oven door? I have Allen Scott's book on making a door. I know a guy who motars stuff, how thick of a steel door is needed if I just have one made from sheet of steel?
MichelleTags: None





Leave a comment: