Cooking Floor Height ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooking Floor Height ?

What is the average height from foundation to the surface of the cooking floor of the oven ? We know the average height of a chair or the average height of a table. What height range works best for a oven so that you can see in well but not be uncomfortable to place the pizza. Obviously there will be a range depending on your height but what works best for the average five foot ten inch person? I called Forno Bravo and got the noncommital, legal sidestep ( no help what so ever ) resonse of " That depends on builder preference ". I am sure some of you guys have a opinion based on you experience.
    Thanks

Re: Cooking Floor Height ?

I'm 6'0" and my wife (who does most of the cooking) is 5'4". We find 44 inches to be the perfect hearth height.

This is an important dimension. If possible mock up the height and opening on a table or counter and see what works for you.

Comment

Thank you for the response. You are right, this is a very important dimension. I did what you suggested and had figured 42 would be about right but needed a little reasurance. Both my wife and I are a little shorter than you and your wife. I pour the hearth in the morning. Thanks again.

Comment

Elbow height is the consensus. Mine's 41" I actually planned the floor to be eyeball height from someone (me) seated on the adjacent patio.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

That depends.

I wish I would have taken my height up 1 more course of block. A friend wishes his oven was my current height so that he could tend the pizza's while sitting in a chair. Unfortunately, this is one of those dimensions that is best determined whilst cooking. If you have a Carraba's near by, you can check out their height as well - fairly high and ergonomically correct!
          Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
          X