Wow iam confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow iam confused

Well i have started my build. Thanks to alot of help from the forum. before i get to far along i have questions about the flue,chimney attachment. How do you do it. i am building an arch type oponing and plan to attach a metal vent. well my arch will be curved and the metal plate is flat. has anyone ever used a flat piece of steel with a vent hole cut in it to support bricks across the opening span or do flues need to be sloped upward like the metal fabricated one in the plans. wow i know this sound confusing but iam thanks any help would be great

Re: Wow iam confused

Yes, I've seen that done. Go here to see examples of many variations in the structure you are planning.
    Lee B.
    DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Some have casted the transition piece and some have built it up with brick. Do you have to use metal? I used a clay flue liner and was easily able to grind it to shape.
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Jersey,

What ever you do, have a large enough smoke chamber prior to the vent, otherwise, you will need to clean the face off. Check out my pics on what NOT to do - click on by link below. I am breaking out the bricks and vent in the next few weeks and am considering a cast flue transition. Cutting brick can be tedious if you are impatient, like me
        Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Wow these pictures were a great help. now when you seal an adapter plate(metal) do you seal it with mortar or high heat silicon on the edges. or if i use a clay chimney do you seal this with mortar. thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Working...
          X