• metalmaster
    replied
    Re: Mobile oven design Buoy...HELP

where is the door going to be?

Leave a comment:

• P712
    replied

Well, here we are. The trailer and dome were dropped off at a friend's shop (he does custom metal work. If you can't see from pictures, they built up 1/2" sides and laid 1/2" plate on top and welded the dome on top. The dome is 57.5" in diameter. I'm a bit stumped on where to go from here. My plan is to use the other half of the buoy to trace out oven deck and cut bricks accordingly so they can be placed in like a puzzle. Do they need to be mortared down? I was planning on using insulating board between steel deck and brick floor to minimize heat loss. Bricks are 3" refractory leftovers from now bankrupt Geneva Steel blast furnace. Also, is it logical to cover dome with foil and cast my own vermicrete in batches like Wiley did? I'm not an engineer and need a little coaching.[IMG][/IMG]

Leave a comment:

• metalmaster
    replied

this might give you some inspiration http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...oven-7739.html

Leave a comment:

• P712
    replied

Hilarious. I'll try to remember that

Leave a comment:

• Neil2
    replied

No matter what you do, your pizza oven won't float.

Leave a comment:

• Lburou
    replied
    Outside the box

Wiley (one of our members) built a metal oven....You can read about it here.

His oven might give you some ideas. A picture of your buoy would stimulate our collective creativity, if you can get it posted here.

Leave a comment:

• P712
    started a topic Mobile oven design Buoy...HELP

Mobile oven design Buoy...HELP

I've got a 48 inch buoy and a tandem axle trailer. What do I do? Anyone have any design ideas? I was thinking I'd lay my brick floor on a steel deck with insulation, then cut the buoy in half and weld half to the steel deck over the brick floor to keep it in place. I would then cover the dome with insulating blanket, and finally 4 inches of cement based insulation layer.

But then what?
Working...
X