Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wind???

Hello Thats Hot and GF,

Our wind is often sudden and violent. You can't plan for a dust storm but if it is simply a "front" moving through then you can usually decide if you want to plan a cook or not. The weather forecasters do a fair job of predicting wind but rain is another matter entirely.

It is rainy here today. The openings to my ovens (yes, two) are faced northerly by easterly and avoid most of the wind driven rains, but not all. I just checked them and they are damp but not soaked, thank goodness. I've got them covered but not weatherproofed to driving rain and howling wind. We have more nice days than harsh so it is best to plan for the good times and protect for the worse of times.

Photos of oven #2 to be posted soon.

Cheers,
    Bob

Here is the link to my oven number 1 construction photos!

Here is the link to my oven number 2 construction photos!

Comment

Don't get me started on weather forecasters My 2 dogs are as good as any meteorologist For 9 months of the year all of them, from national (Weather Channel) to local TV, throw a 40% chance of rain out there for FL. Literally when it appears on doesn't apear on radar within 100 miles, they change the forecast. Makes it really hard to plan anything in advance, you need to be ready to go with a couple of hrs notice or just plan on getting wet. And of course if it rains, its gonna blow...usually horizontal rain.
      OK, I'm through whining...anyone have any cheese

RT

Comment

Weather forcasters, bah humbug

I called our local CBS station and said I'd work for half of what your paying him and my quarter is shinyer than his

We to seem to have wind that blows in all directions at the same time, I think it's best to pick a spot, put up a pole with a wind tail and watch it for a week and see what it does and go from there but Les does have the best idea.

I wonder what a 10,000 lbs lazy susan is going for these days

Comment

Originally posted by Thats Hot View Post
          Les does have the best idea.
          I wonder what a 10,000 lbs lazy susan is going for these days
          Thats probably why no one has done it.
          Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
          X