Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulating boards for a 42" Pompeii . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insulating boards for a 42" Pompeii . . .

How many of the FB insulating boards do you need for a Pompeii style oven?

The boards are 24x36 - so I suspect I'll need 3. Is that correct?

How many of the blankets do you need to cover the oven?

Thx.

Re: Insulating boards for a 42" Pompeii . . .

Hi Cheesesteak,

I ordered 3 for a 42" Pompeii I'm building in Sacto. I'll let you know how they measure up. The consensus here in FB Forum is that 3 should be enough for a 42". As for FB blankets, some say 2, others say 3. I'm not sure how many I'll order. More on that later. Post pics of your build!!!

Glad to see another NorCal builder about to start!

aceves

Comment

Originally posted by aceves View Post
      Hi Cheesesteak,

I ordered 3 for a 42" Pompeii I'm building in Sacto. I'll let you know how they measure up. The consensus here in FB Forum is that 3 should be enough for a 42". As for FB blankets, some say 2, others say 3. I'm not sure how many I'll order. More on that later. Post pics of your build!!!

Glad to see another NorCal builder about to start!

aceves
      Aceves -
      I ended up ordering 3 boards and 3 blankets - they all arrived yesterday. I'm going to start cutting bricks this weekend - we'll see how it goes. I've got a thread in the Pompeii forum for my build.

Where in Sac are you?

Comment

Hi Cheesesteak,

In Natomas. I'll be cutting bricks this weekend as well! Good luck and have fun! I hear that it might rain Sunday. All I want is a complete sunny weekend!

aceves

Comment

Are you posting pics of your build?

Where did you get your fire bricks? I've got a bunch of HC Muddox left over from a fire pit that I'm using. I think I'm going to make a run to Silverado Building materials for more - they've got fireclay as well.

Good luck with the build . . .

Comment

Hi Cheesesteak,

Yes, I've got a build thread:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/c...area-5008.html

My build is taking a while because multiple other projects came up and had to be completed before the WFO. But now I'm back on the build!

I got my firebricks from HC Muddox. I asked abuot their "seconds" and they hooked me up at $0.30 a brick!! Like I stated in my thread, I don't mind the discoloration, blemishes and dents of the bricks, as they will be inside the dome. All other materials I'll be getting at HD. HD carries HC Muddox fireclay.

aceves

Comment

Working...
            X