Building new oven in screened lanai enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building new oven in screened lanai enclosure

I have built a new 31' x 18' lanai. I have planes to install a new Forno Bravo Oven. Understanding the rules of : within 10 feet of a structor, chiminy need to extend 2 feet above the roof. My question to anybody out there, is:

Is it a good Idea to build an oven in a Screened Lanai Enclosure? My plan was to construct it on the far side which would put it 12 feet away from the back of the house. I was planning to have the builder of the screened lania to construct a metel frame around of the chinimy the will be extending through the top of the enclosure.

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, with Warm Regards

~Kurtis

Re: Building new oven in screened lanai enclosure

Even with vents, these things will produce a lot of smoke, particularly when starting the fire.

Comment

I don't see a problem with it. People have indoor WFO in their homes and restaurants and they work just fine. There are specific building codes for just this thing so just have your builder follow the codes and have it pass inspection. If your lania is attached to your home then it will fall under normal building regulations.

Comment

Something that would really help this situation would be a chimney exhaust fan. look into models by Exhausto which are designed to work in conjunction with metal flue systems. Also designing a door with a draft at the bottom to help encourage cold air to draw at the bottom and exhaust to exit through the chimney would also help.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments.

What I'm most concerned about is the temperature that the Chinimy produces. Does anyone know? If I have the usual jacated chinimy piping, what temperature should I expect?

Comment

Working...
          X