where should the chimney go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where should the chimney go?

hi im from new zealand and am currently going through the stage of having a very large wood fired oven built for me, i have all the dimensions but im not over sure where and you to construct a hole for the chimney, i am having my oven built out of bricks and will be using it ina restaurant. any info would be greatly appreciated \
    thanks
    james

Re: where should the chimney go?

hi James - where about are you in NZ? Good to see someone else from around here building a pizza oven! ...... and once it's done I'd love to come to your restaurant and taste it's produce - any wood-fired pizza should be better than the ones we get out of the fast food chains here!

good luck!
    John

Comment

The chimney goes over the entry opening, at the top of the door to the "igloo". We've heard from someone who put the opening at the top of the dome: it burns wood like a locomotive, and never really gets hot enough for pizza.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Exactly. You can make it look like the chimney comes out the middle by bringing your chimney pipe back, and over the oven, from the vent above the door opening.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by boccu View Post
          hi James - where about are you in NZ? Good to see someone else from around here building a pizza oven! ...... and once it's done I'd love to come to your restaurant and taste it's produce - any wood-fired pizza should be better than the ones we get out of the fast food chains here!

good luck!
          John
          hey thanks for that, i will be opening i dunedin, i am haing a cooking surface of 2.1m in diameter.. massive

Comment

Working...
          X