? about FB plans? foundation size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? about FB plans? foundation size

I'm just getting started building forms for foundation slab for 42" Pompeii. On page 13 plans call for 73" x 86" foundation and a 65" x 78" block stand but on page 66 plans are for 80" x 94" foundation and a 72" x 84" block stand. 42" interior diameter plus 4.5" of brick on both sides of dome = 51" plus 3" of insulation on both sides = 57" leaves 8" for framing/finishing. Right??? why larger stand?

Re: ? about FB plans? foundation size

42" interior diameter plus 4.5" of brick on both sides of dome = 51" plus 3" of insulation on both sides = 57"
    Larry,

As long as you know these dimensions you can calculate the footprint needed for your enclosure and insulation 'fill' that goes between the enclosure and dome insulation.

Good luck with your build. Post some pics when you can.

John

Comment

I had the same problems with the stand. It all depends on how you are going to finish the oven. Look at the other posts with a 42" oven and count the concrete blocks. Draw it all out and build a mock up on paper or cardboard. The more prep you do the less you might mess up. Good luck.

Mike

Comment

Unfortunately, I noticed this *after* I had set my foundation and block wall, so I figure my enclosure will be pretty tight to the oven on the sides. I plan on doing a 4" block wall enclosure, with a stone veneer, so nothing will burn. I should have 1/2" clearance from the insuluation on the sides.

If you plan on dry stacking your blocks, I suggest you try what I did and glue them together with PL500 polyurethane construction adhesive. It sets real quick and will make sure the blocks can't move while you are filling the cores. Any excess trims off real easy. I think I used one large tube for my whole stand.

Comment

Working...
        X