• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobblerdave
    replied
    Re: Cement render over chicken mesh

Thanks Oscar
    Thats cleared things up real fast.....you have always been carfull in all you have done....
    ravenja....as you can tell this blokes real carefull with his homework
    Regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• OscarA
    replied

Kaowool looks fine

Thermal Ceramics Kaowool

I played it safe and did both isowool (same as kaowool) and vermiculite.
    I figured it can't hurt but really it'll depend on what you want from your oven.
    If you want to use it today and not tomorrow then the extra insulation isn't required. I'm not saying Kaowool on it's own isn't enough for multiple days use but I'ld play it safe if that's what you want.
    There are a few oven building experts around who I'm sure will pop in with an opinion soon.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

Hi Ravenja
    Whats Kaowool blanket? a ceramic type product? or domestic ceiling type insulation?
    If its domestic you should have something a bit more heavy duty next to the hotest surface...so the other way around ...Pearlite then wool blanket then the render.
    Check out a thread in the introduction section of the forum...Hi, new Aussie
    I have gone this path ' heavy duty ' then 'domestic ' and it works

Hope this helps
    Regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• ravenja
    started a topic Cement render over chicken mesh

Cement render over chicken mesh

Can we use a normal cement render over the chicken mesh or is it necessary to use vermiculite mix first? We have approx 100ml of kaowool blanket under the chicken mesh & were going to use a normal cement render over the top but have been reading that most people are using vermiculite or perlite render first and then a normal render to finish off. Thanks
Working...
X