Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I make money?

Originally posted by david s View Post
    The dilemma is that to make the inner shell light enough to tow you also make it thinner and consequently weaker.
    Dave, I think if Alan makes the cast dome with a higher than normal percentage of s/s "fibres" it should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the oven man View Post
      Dave, I think if Alan makes the cast dome with a higher than normal percentage of s/s "fibres" it should be fine.
      I think you are right. My mobile has held up better than I expected. There are cracks in the floor and one in the back of the one piece dome, but they're not getting any worse.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
        I think you are right. My mobile has held up better than I expected. There are cracks in the floor and one in the back of the one piece dome, but they're not getting any worse.
        There is a company in West Australia that uses up to 60% s/s in a castable called Fibrestone. They use it for cast lintels etc in specialized situations

Comment

What would be the best way to anchor down the oven to a trailer/truck deck?
          The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I made a trolley for mine which is on wheels so I can roll it on and off. The trolley is held in with chains and turnbuckles,but if you want it more permanent I gues it should be bolted or welded in.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X