Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 in 1 rotisserie / brick oven

Hello,
    I am planning on building a brick pizza oven in the spring and i was hoping to (structurally) include a rotisserie (spit) for cooking pigs, lambs, chickens...etc.
    I was told by someone that a motorized rotisserie is not necessary because the enclosed, pizza oven tpye design allows for even heat distribution. you just need the spit but no constant spinning motion.
    Is this true?

Re: 2 in 1 rotisserie / brick oven

[QUOTE=Pennacootz;124910 you just need the spit but no constant spinning motion. Is this true?[/QUOTE]

I would agree with this. Once the oven cools down to roasting temperature, all the bricks are (nearly) the same temperature. You get nice, even cooking regardless of food placement in the oven. I've never heard of anyone using a motorized spit.

We've had members do pigs, goats, turkeys, chicken... just about any animal that will fit through the door.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

We usually do pigs and lambs on a portable spit rotisserie, but it weighs a ton and i figured i could kill 2 birds with one stone by building a fixed one when i do my brick oven.
      maybe i will plan on making a side door or something so i can fit in a larger animal.
      thanks

Comment

I built a spit for my oven, must say I havent used it much.

Oven Spit
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

i thought the rotation of a spit helped keep in tne moisture. if the meat was cooked without spinning wouldn't it dry out more?

Comment

Well i have the motor and linkage necessary for the spit already so i think (in the spring once our snow is gone) ill atempt to mount it on the side. maybe build some sort of a shelf.

Comment

Working...
            X