securing an oven to trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• securing an oven to trailer

I am getting ready to build a mobile pizza trailer, with a modular casa2g 100 and am looking for input into the best way to secure the oven to the trailer. Any ideas/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: securing an oven to trailer

Hi, I have the same problem, I am going to do something like 100 million has done, http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/b...oor-12363.html

Did you come up with anything else? Good luck

Comment

I secured my mobile oven dome to its supporting slab by grinding grooves into the supporting slab where it meets the base of the outer dome shell. My oven sits in a steel cradle (which has 6 wheels), made from 1/4' galv. angle and the cradle is held into the trailer with chains and turnbuckles. because my trailer is a single axle it has unbalanced a couple of times and the draw bar went 45 degrees skyward, but the oven didn't budge. I've been over plenty of rough roads and the oven is still holding together well. I've seen plenty with loose floppy flues so I made my flue removable and it has worked really well. It slides into a stainless steel sleeve, not hard to build and works beautifully.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I also plan to put a ring of concrete around the base and on every joint and also at the bottom of every segment joint for extra protection.
        David S. could you give a link to photos of your mobile build. Thank's

Comment

I didn't create a thread for the build of my mobile, but there are photos in some of the mobile oven threads somewhere. Due to a computer failure and an external hard drive that wasn't working I lost all of our photos about three years ago so I can 't access old stuff.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the responses and input. Here are some photos of my progress, with much help on the welding side from my father.

Comment

Working...
            X