24" Oven Okay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24" Oven Okay?

I was going to get my first pizza oven soon, and I was thinking about getting a 24" oven. Is this big enough for someone that wants to make pizzas relatively fast and easily?

Thanks!

Re: 24" Oven Okay?

Hi
    Most ovens take around the same time to heat up, oven size is all dependent on how many pizzas you need to do at one time and what other things you intend to cook.
    You can cook other stuff in them besides pizza......

There are a few small oven owners on the forum so Im sure they will chime in.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Welcome

Originally posted by Erdbeereis View Post
      I was going to get my first pizza oven soon, and I was thinking about getting a 24" oven. Is this big enough for someone that wants to make pizzas relatively fast and easily?

Thanks!
      24" is on the smaller side of the norm here, but the people who have the small ovens like them just fine. What kind of oven are you considering, home made, or precast....?

Where are you in Huskerland?

Go Big Red!
      Lee B.
      DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Re: Welcome

Originally posted by Lburou View Post
        24" is on the smaller side of the norm here, but the people who have the small ovens like them just fine. What kind of oven are you considering, home made, or precast....?

Where are you in Huskerland?

Go Big Red!
        I was thinking about the Mario Batali Amici by Chicago Brick Oven, what do you guys think about that oven? Would the fire be far enough away so the crust wouldn't get burnt?

I'm in Lincoln.

Comment

lots of people say they wished their oven was bigger, but having built a small oven I believe the benefits of small outweigh their shortcomings. A small oven is easier, quicker and cheaper to build. You don't need a bomb shelter to house it and it won't take up half your backyard.Most people also tend to cook one pizza at a time as it is the preparation that takes longer than the cooking. My oven is only 21" and I can cook pizzas for a party of 30 quite comfortably. larger parties are more difficult, but I have done up to 70. We also find it is perfectly adequate to cook roasts and bread for the family. A small oven will use way less fuel as the consumption is related to the chamber volume. ( you can do the maths), but a 20% increase in diam is a 100% increase in volume.
          Last edited by david s; 02-04-2012, 01:05 PM. Reason: Typo
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I was thinking about the Mario Batali Amici by Chicago Brick Oven,
            I think they will be too expensive as they are afraid to list the price of the oven on the internet.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I was thinking about the Mario Batali Amici by Chicago Brick Oven, what do you guys think about that oven? Would the fire be far enough away so the crust wouldn't get burnt?

I'm in Lincoln.
              Our Roots are in Nebraska Erdbeereis, we celebrate that every year during football season

The oven you mention is roughly the same as this oven. . I suppose the shipping costs might make the difference to you.
              Last edited by Lburou; 02-04-2012, 07:36 AM.
              Lee B.
              DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                I think they will be too expensive as they are afraid to list the price of the oven on the internet.
                Found a price list on a dealer site

Brick Oven, Pizza Oven, Chicago Brick Oven | Outdora

They range from mid 3000 - over 12000

Chip
                Chip

Comment

I was looking at it from Outdora for about $3600 with free shipping. Is that an okay price? Thanks for all your help!

Erd
                  Last edited by Erdbeereis; 02-04-2012, 08:15 AM.

Comment

The only two concerns I would have about this oven are, the flue appears to be inside the oven chamber which will significantly reduce the ability to use the oven for other than high heat - think pizza not bread applications. There appears to be a damper but it is unclear. This would help a little on the heat loss but not much.

The other item is that there is no mention of insulation and that would be nice to know if there is any and what type. And thickness.

The oven has a metal enclosure but based on some of the comments by the manufacturer I would be very diligent about moving it inside or have it covered when it rains or Snows.

They indicate it should be protected in inclement weather.

I really like the size of my 42 inch oven but there is no way you could put it on wheels.

Chip
                    Last edited by mrchipster; 02-04-2012, 10:06 AM.
                    Chip

Comment

Originally posted by mrchipster View Post
                      They range from mid 3000 - over 12000

Chip
                      Wow..... imagine what you could build yourself for $3000 or $12000

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                        Wow..... imagine what you could build yourself for $3000 or $12000
                        I second that motion and will add this: The pride of DIY (with a lot of research and a little input from the experinced WFO builders on this forum) will go a long way
                        I'm in the process of building my oven. It is hard for even me to believe that I have given up riding on some real pretty days just to get to back to that oven
                        Last edited by Gulf; 02-04-2012, 04:36 PM. Reason: spelling
                        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                          I'm in the process of building my oven. It is hard for even me to believe that I have given up riding on some real pretty days just to get to back to that oven
                          Maybe you need to buy a new horse.
                          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post
                            Maybe you need to buy a new horse.
                            I would have thought a hog was more appropriate?.......

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                            X