New Oven Planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Oven Planning

I really want a Pizza Oven. I do not have a large backyard so a Large oven with a big foot print just wont fit. I have some fire brick that came from a BBQ that I would like to use. The bricks say Jay Bee Light on them, they measure 2 1/2" thick 4 1/2" wide and 9" long. Im thinking to get started I will just dry stack them and see how it goes and later on improve the design. Does any one have experience with these bricks ?

Re: New Oven Planning

I don't know anything about the bricks - but based on a quick search I found this link, and it sounds like they are old firebricks from pre WW2.

Light probably refers to low-duty.

They should be fine for a pizza oven if they're similar to the brick pictured in the site I linked

Search around the forums for ovens built using your drystack idea. IIRC, there is a thread called "oven in three hours" or something similar where the poster has built a dry-stacked oven.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Re: New Oven Planning

Thanks for the info. That is the exact brick I have, Its amazing that they are so old. I have over a hundred of them and they are in great shape. They will have a new life soon making Pizzas !

Comment

Working...
      X