Oven Floor template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oven Floor template

Anyone has an oven floor template for a 36" oven? I'd need pictures or drawing plans to start planning the layout.
    I've seen some differences on the templates and not sure why some have straight openings and some have a bit of a diagonal opening.
    Any thoughts?

Re: Oven Floor template

Hi Pancho,
    Please refer to our library for floor dimensions. You should be able to find the template you are looking for. If you need further assistance, please contact us at anytime.

Thank you.

Forno Bravo Document Library

Comment

Everyone does it different. Some people have a flare opening to give better access to the oven. I don't know how that effects the structural quality.
      Good Luck

Mike

Comment

Go to page 2 of my link in my signature for the floor template I used. If I were to do it again, I would go another 1/2 brick out ass my landing is wide and shallow. I have been tinkering with the chimney for performance now. Before you build your stand, make your floor template to ensure that it will fit - my stand is shallow and has made me really think of every tweak on it!

CW
        Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Thanks all. The document library really helps and your template too Chris.
          As Mike D mentioned, I don't see any particular reason for the structural quality going with the opening a bit diagonally or straight. I'll use the option 2 (straight cuts) with a 1" reveal to make the door fit right.
          Any thoughts against my theory or plans?

Last edited by Pancho1976; 03-17-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

HI Pancho,
            When I built my oven, I copied Christo's oven. His was the 1st I saw that had the flared opening and he said he loved it, so I flared mine too. Especially for the bigger ovens, like the 40-42", it allows you to angle your pizza peel more sharply and you can get into the sides of the oven easier. BUT that all depends on how deep your oven landing will be. If you have a short landing then you can angle a peel easier, BUT a shorter landing sometimes means a smaller vent opening which can lead to smoke coming out the front somewhat.

Also, a straight landing is easier since you just duplicate the inner and outer arch's. They are the same. However, you get a "tunnel" effect if your landing is deep.

Also, since I don't have a "huge" (or deep) counter in front of my pizza oven (its only 8"-9") having the flared vent-landing area wider lets me use it to set pot and pans on, before I push them into the oven.

If you go to my thread here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/8/di...s-5883-31.html
            and go to post #305 there is a pdf to download (its much clearer than the picutre)

Now, this template is for a 42" oven, however the oven opening is the same (or can be the same) for a 36" oven.

Here is my flared opening:

and another pic to see it clearly:

Whatever you decide, we're all here to help and look forward to seeing your wfo., -Dino
            "Life is a banquet and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct
            http://picasaweb.google.com/Dino747?feat=directlink

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet
            http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BF19875Rnp84Uw

My Oven Thread
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...arts-5883.html

Comment

A number of builders have confirmed if they had it to do over again, they would flare their entryway. It is initially intimidating to build, but the added ease of placing and removing a door is the primary reason.

Comment

With a flared opening it is easier to see into and to work your oven.

In addition, you can make the door with a corresponding taper/flare and it will fit snugly without the need for a reveal.

Comment

Just be sure that when you make the flare that you raise the arch height about 1/2 to 1 inch from your inner arch. I have to put my door in at a slight angle to get it in. its the little things we learn. With my opening, I can really get into the corners of the oven easily - which is why I did it - plus Jedi Master Dino blazed the trail for me!

Good luck!
                  Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Awesome. It makes sense why we need a flare (proper term instead of my "diagonal" terminology) entryway. I don't like to do things more complicated if needed but all the reasons above (ease of working and door fit) make sense. I'll definetely do the flare opening.
                    Dino, the template on post 305 is exactly what I was looking for, do you have any other templates that you think I might need?
                    Thanks all!

Comment

This was my first idea for my entry. I was going to just add a heatbreak before I settled on my final design. It would give someone the clearance needed to insert a door and the "clearance" of a flair without the "intimidation" .

Mine is drawn with a heatbreak, but for someone who isn't interested in that, could set the outside arch directly on the interior arch.
                      Not wanting that much reveal or that wide of an opening: Notch the brick like I did (back in my build) without the space for the heatbreak.

Just say'n
                      Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Pancho1976 View Post
                        Dino, the template on post 305 is exactly what I was looking for, do you have any other templates that you think I might need?
                        I just found a 36" oven "dome study" I did for Gene a year ago. I'll post it here in pdf. Again: it was a study to see how small of a block stand or base you would need. It seems (to me) that it should be 4 blocks wide unless it's igloo style or perhaps a corner mount although 3.5 blocks seemed tight but do-able if your careful with the insulation and let overflow into the "stud" space.

I don't show the herringbone floor it but it does have the soldier course and a good idea of how the 2 arches are placed.

PS: Gulf: that's a great idea for the entry with a heat break!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Dino_Pizza; 03-27-2012, 10:00 AM.
                        "Life is a banquet and most poor sons-of-bitches are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

View My Picasa Web Album UPDATED oct
                        http://picasaweb.google.com/Dino747?feat=directlink

My Oven Costs Spreadsheet
                        http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...BF19875Rnp84Uw

My Oven Thread
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...arts-5883.html

Comment

Working...
                        X