Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dome height

Originally posted by wotavidone
    Interesting that he "domed" that pizza before he took it out.
    I noticed the same thing. At the start of the video you see that he has very little open flame in the oven. The first trick he uses to overcome this is to put a turning peel full of wood chips onto the fire. That gives a quick but short lived burst of open flame and top heat. He then domed the pie for that last little bit to top heat.

From what I've been told Da Michele sells up to 250 pies an hour at peak times and 1000 a day. You aren't always gonna have perfect oven situations in those conditions no matter what oven you use, so you gotta know the tricks to make it work.

Comment

new progress

So This past weekend we poured the structural hearth. FB boards arrived as well as the Ceramic Blanket. Measured the interior oven space ,minus the width of the bricks on each side and have a 32" interior circumference..I hope I don't sound really silly now but I need someone to clarify how I will come to an 18"
      dome height when constructing the courses, is there a formula to use?
      I am attatching some build pics!

Thanks,
      TrellisClick image for larger version

Name:	Floating.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	289159

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hearth.JPG
Size:	119.9 KB
ID:	289160

Name:	Screeting.JPG
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	289161

Name:	supportash.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	289162
      “Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.”

Trellis

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

sigpic

Comment

Trellis

Looks like you are serious about this!

Click on the blue link in my signature and read down to the list of links to some of the best recent builds. The first four or five builders included some kind of drawings and/or pictures of templates and Hendo tools in their threads.... Studying those build threads should get you to your next step. Keith Wiley's thread has what you're asking for in the 119th post in the first link.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I looked at the links you posted... I'm a little intimidated by the beautiful masonry work some of these earlier builders accomplished.. yours included.. I have a small tile saw... not the HF saw.. but the HD saw.. and my angle grinder..I still don't get how I will determine my IT to fit my oven..
          Any suggestions.. explanations?

Thanks,
          Trellis

Trellis

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coloradoredusa View Post
            I looked at the links you posted... I'm a little intimidated by the beautiful masonry work some of these earlier builders accomplished.. yours included.. I have a small tile saw... not the HF saw.. but the HD saw.. and my angle grinder..I still don't get how I will determine my IT to fit my oven..
            Any suggestions.. explanations?

Thanks,
            Trellis
            You have a private message....Call me.
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

New Progress..Sorta

So I am going to get the Fire Bricks tomorrow...so in the meantime I built a retaining wall for our small Bistro table and chairs.. and a "Dry Creek" for drainage.

Trellis

sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X