Might be a stupid question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be a stupid question...

After considering all the options, I'm leaning a bit toward the Casa oven kit. Every time I consider the other options, with more brick work, etc., I realize I may be getting in over my head.

Are the Casa kits as easy as they appear? I know it says it comes with "everything you need," including the insulation board and blanket, but what goes over the blanket? Anything complicated to build or can it be a simple stucco layer (not that I have ANY experience with stucco). Is additional insulation needed under the boards?

Also, I happened to see a youtube video in which someone had built an oven on top of a wooden frame/table. Could I build a frame with a 6" base, filled with insulating material (including the insulation boards), and leaving several inches around all sides of the oven to prevent the wood getting too hot, and then put some heavy duty casters on the bottom? I figured the bases were more for support, and not for insulation. We expect out patio to undergo changes over the years, and I thought it would be nice to be able to roll it away when needed.

Thanks for all the help and inspiration!

Re: Might be a stupid question...

It doesn't get much easier than a modular kit, and FB's are designed for simplicity of assembly. You have to decide on what kind of enclosure you want, and that could be stucco or something fancier. You fo not need additional insulation under the FB Board, but it won't hurt if you do.

I suppose you could build a wood base, but I would go with metal. It won't flex as much, it's stronger, and it will weather better than wood.

Comment

Working...
    X