Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming all safety features are added (spark arrester, etc.) how close to my house can I place the oven?

Re: location

Since you can put one inside the house, you can put it right next to the house. You may have to retrofit the location to conform to local codes for fireplaces, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcello View Post
      Assuming all safety features are added (spark arrester, etc.) how close to my house can I place the oven?
      Our fire department told me it had to be 10 foot from anything combustible (thats pretty vague since the wood you are burning is combustible). But after 10 foot I didn't have to worry about height of roof tops. Thats huge in regard to the flu height
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

National fire code requires the chimney height be 2' higher than any structure or any portion of said structure within 10'.

For me personally, that included my pool screen enclosure as it is attached to my house and the screening material is combustable.

Local codes will vary (as in my case), but will be based on the 2 within 10 rule.

RT

Comment

Check local codes. You can usually do this online but best is to contact your local building department and explain what you are planning (and get a permit if required).

This is important. Building a non conforming structure can void your house insurance if anything goes wrong.

Comment

Working...
          X