Dome walls on brick floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dome walls on brick floor

The FB guide recommends building the wall on the insulation for maximum insulation. Is there a downside to building the walls onto the hearth brick floor? My blankets will come down to the bottom to meet the fiber boards so the whole oven will be encased in FB boards or blanket.

Thanks,
    Nate

Re: Dome walls on brick floor

Many have built it that way. The hearth has to be on insulation so the dome is insulated either way. The only downside is if you needed to replace a hearth brick that the dome is sitting on. Not sure how often that would be required...
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Thanks Les.

Comment

"Not sure how often that would be required..."

Can't be very often. I remember only one instance on this forum that someone has had to do this.

Comment

i am after doing the same .but use fire brick on top of fire brick so it willl be my kids or whome ever buy.s this house in next 20 years who will have to deal with it ..i layed my cooking floor on 5to1 vermic witch was still soft after 8 weekes. so i removed the edge scraped back into soft floor vic about 3 inch and mixed it wit more cement and more sand and more lime and water to make it wet and or compack so it can suport dome .. sorry for spelling. lot of love my friends of fire .and food .. jon love pizza

Comment

Working...
          X