footing perimeter width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• footing perimeter width

in general, if i go with a footing just to be safe, does the outline of the footing more or less line up with the hearth? i've looked at dino's and a few other plans, and it looks like the outer footprint of the hearth lines up with the concrete block. I plan to make the footing a little bit wider than the concrete block to leave room for whatever i surface the concrete blocks with. does this sound like the right way to go?

thanks!

Re: footing perimeter width

A footing frequently extends beyond the wall of the structure it supports. If you want to get technical, most of the folks here use monolithic slab/footing pours instead of a footing/stem wall pour. In monolithic pours, the footing often doesn't extend past the structure. Bottom line is, either will work.

Comment

Re: footing perimeter width

thanks azatty.

I'm actually not too worried about this because the slab i'm pouring is 28' x 16' and the pizza oven will be on one end. it seems like most people agree that a footing isn't really necessary, but i'm okay with a little overkill with something easy to do like a footer. I will probably just do a 10" wide footer only about 18" deep directly in line with my stand blocks.

Comment

Working...
      X