Hardibacker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardibacker

I am doing a pompeii oven construction and have a few questions. I have the perlite concrete pad poured and i have located the fire clay and refractory cement. My questions are these, can i use hardibacker on top of the perlite concrete to set my firebrick on? Also do i need to adhere the firebrick to whatever i use on top of the perlcrete?

Re: Hardibacker

Hello rmydler,

There is no need to use the hardibacker on top of the perlite concrete. The concrete slab will be sufficient. Also hardibacker is fire resistant not fire proof. I do not recommend you adhere the floor tiles to anything for reasons such as if one breaks you will not be able to get the broken piece out without breaking the rest of the tiles.

Happy Building,
    Amber

Comment

Thanks for the reply, i was afraid to use it without asking someone for fear of it emitting something through the bricks when i go hot. I have posted the same question in another thread because after i posted this i could not find it.
      thanks again
      Royce

Comment

I agree with Amber....

Although concrete-based, HardiBacker is not designed for heat. Also I would not adhere the hearth-bricks to the slab....let them float. Take the time to pack them tight, level and flat...so that you have a nice flat work surface. You do not want any brick edges sticking up....(you will catch your pizza peel)

Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
        X