Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vent

Anybody see any issues with this vent design?

Re: Vent

The flue arch usually has a funnel type design into the chimney, with the wide opening into your oven, smoke may escape at the sides as it will not be captured by the chimney.

Also you have a fairly wide and deep flue tunnel, what is holding up the horizontal bricks?

I also see 2.5 bricks before getting to the inside of the oven, not including the decorative arch, that seems to be quite a distance. It will be a long reach to the back of the oven. And with that prep table in the front it will be extremely long.

There will be quite a bit of the oven on the near right and left of the inside of the oven that you will never be able to see due to the long flue arch, it will require special tools to clean in those invisible areas.

One other thing I just noticed you do not seem to be using firebrick for the arch. Concrete pavers will not hold up to the heat that the flue gets.
    Chip
    Last edited by mrchipster; 09-30-2012, 08:29 PM.
    Chip

Comment

Thank you, I'm going to take a second look using fire brick. The horizontal bricks are supported by angle iron and the flange from the stove pipe, maybe shorten up the entry a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo View Post
        supported by angle iron
        You dont want any steel on the inside where it will subjected to heat, lots of heat....
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I see a HUGE problem...all of the smoke and heat will go out that big hole in the top of your dome! (just kidding).

Comment

Thank's for all the info, I will be totally rethinking the vent. (after I get the hole in the top of the dome fixed)

Comment

Al, what about the angle iron I used across the top of the oven opening?

Comment

Originally posted by Kujo View Post
                Al, what about the angle iron I used across the top of the oven opening?
                Thats what I was referring too.
                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                X