Final oven coating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final oven coating

Can anyone recommend a final coating for my oven installation? I have put a four inch layer of perlite concrete on top of the brick interior and would like to have a more finished outside look. Is their an high heat stucco type mixture i can use?

Re: Final oven coating

If you have a high enough perlite to portland ratio, heat should not be an issue for the stucco layer. I will let someone else recomend what type of stuccu to use, since I am not finishing in stucco. Do make sure the Pcrete is dry before going forward though.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The perlcrete will be on 1 week as of saturday I guess i will wing it.

Comment

1 week is most likely not enough to dry it.

Comment

What was your Portland to perlite ratio?

I also agree that 1 week is not dry enough. A dome style finish is a little risky in Illinois as you do get quite a bit of rain, you will need to take weather precautions when it rains, sleets, or snows. Otherwise you will be drying out your oven alot.

There are several people with dome style ovens that put vents in to alow for moisture to escape.

Chip
          Last edited by mrchipster; 10-25-2012, 08:48 AM.
          Chip

Comment

If you have not used blanket, but vermicete instead then take it really slow when driving the water out. because you don't have a blanket to take the sting out of the heat from the dome. If you can bear to leave it for three weeks and make sure it does not get any rain on it. Sun and wind are good but not water. If you see any steam rising from the vermiculite layer back off with the fire. Eliminate as much water as you can before doing the stucco.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X