Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A n00b building an oven - Need some info/direction please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A n00b building an oven - Need some info/direction please.

Hi all.

I'm looking to build and oven this coming year, and I'd like to start it in the spring. I've done a lot of reading here but I'm overall having a tough time finding the most basic info for beginners. I literally know almost nothing about building an oven or the basic fundamentals used when building one (things like hearth construction, insulation type and where to use it, dome construction, ect...).

I was wondering if there is any kind of basic "how to" info on this forum or any other reading material I can buy to help put me in the direction of learning the basics/fundamentals of oven building. Sorry if my first thread is rather cliche, and I apologize ahead of time if the info is right under my nose and I never saw it - but being such an inexperienced n00b at this really has me in the dark. I see a lot of newcomers starting build threads but how did you all learn the info on building an oven from scratch...?? That's the info I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated, and I wouldn't be surprised if I have many other n00b questions in the near future. This is a project I've been wanting to take on for quite a few years, and I really really want to get it going in the early spring as soon as the weather gets warmer - I'd like to spend some time learning about the details for a while to give me time to make a decision on what I want to build and how.

Thanks!

Re: A n00b building an oven - Need some info/direction please.

Pompeii Oven Instruction eBook V2.0 (pdf) :: eBooks & CD ROMs :: Forno Bravo Storeyou need to download the FB plans if you haven't. nearly all of the basics are covered and plenty of info to build a nice complete oven. Get that and read it and then the forum will fill in the rest that need.
    Last edited by texman; 01-09-2013, 04:30 PM. Reason: add link
    Texman Kitchen
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/t...ild-17324.html

Comment

Working...
    X