Loose perlite on floor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose perlite on floor.

Hi everyone, i was wondering can i put loose perlite on the floor and then an inch of a cob mixture as a support for the bricks?
    The dome will be supported from the concreat-perlite slab, not from the loose perlite.
    Does anyone used Stone Wool Boards on the hearth?

Re: Loose perlite on floor.

You can use loose perlite under your floor bricks, however if you then intend to cover this with a clay mixture you will end up with quite a mess as the wet clay mix will pick up the dry perlite. If you already have a vermicrete slab to work over it is easier to use a dry mix of 50/50 sand, clay to bed the floor bricks into.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Re: Loose perlite on floor.

Originally posted by david s View Post
      You can use loose perlite under your floor bricks, however if you then intend to cover this with a clay mixture you will end up with quite a mess as the wet clay mix will pick up the dry perlite. If you already have a vermicrete slab to work over it is easier to use a dry mix of 50/50 sand, clay to bed the floor bricks into.
      I think i'll just put a 5:1 perlite with cement under the floor and 2 cm sand for leveling.
      Is it ok to make the dome an oval shape such as, 65 cm on the middle and 80 cm on the windth, i have already done my slab and i'ts 1,20 X 1,40, stupid me to make is so small...anyway i need at least an 80 cm oven and the widest point of the circle i'ts not enough space for the rockwool(5cm) and the loose perlite(10cm) that i will fill the closer with.
      it's 131 cm with the width of the firebricks that will make the dome...seems i'm 11 cm sort!xaxaxaxa!
      Last edited by dimitrisbizakis; 12-29-2012, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X