Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russian oven design, unusual hearth floor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian oven design, unusual hearth floor.

Hello everyone,

I have a question about a design feature of the traditional Russian oven. The baking chamber of such an oven traditionally is built with a slight rise -- about 30mm / 1.18 inches towards the back. I've attached the diagrams for the oven, and another one showing different shapes of the baking chamber.The third chamber design looks to be more like a "barrel", and that's how they call it. The numbers on the second diagram are in millimeters, so you can see the height differences. So far as I've read this slight rise provides a uniform combustion of the fuel. The website says: "If you make the floor horizontal, then the fuel will burn less intensively, and it will heat up the oven less." Not sure what they meant by this, so I was hoping somebody could shed some light on this.

Has anybody seen ovens with such floor design, and does this feature really do what they claim? Have anyone seen such chambers, and any inputs on such design?
    Here is the original website, if anyone interested, can use google translate to change it to English.

Thanks.
Working...
X