Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal-Sil board available in Northern California

Hey guys,
    Been lurking for awhile absorbing all sorts of great information and inspiration. I've been putting together my building materials for the past 6 months or so and have arrived at the floor insulation area. I'll be using calcium silicate board instead of the vermicrete for various reasons. The problem is, most places are only selling it by the case, and well, I don't need a whole case. I need half a case.

I'm getting a case of 12 1.5" x 12" x 36" boards. I only need 6 of them. That makes 6 available that I'm willing to hold onto and sell at a good price. $120 bucks takes all 6. That's 20 bucks a board. Forno Bravo sells their insualtion board (24"x36"x2") for 70 bucks per.I'm also willing to listen to offers.

I don't want to deal with shipping with this stuff, so it'd have to be local pickup, or delivery under the right circumstances. I'm in Chico, California, about 90 miles north of Sacramento, 3 hours from most of the bay area. Though I come through the Bay every so often, so delivery may work in that instance.

I'll put a build thread up soon when I get started. Getting excited to almost be cooking with wood fire!

THANKS all. Please send a PM or reply here if you want any more information.

Cheers

Re: Cal-Sil board available in Northern California

I actually do like SPAM, straight from the can, fried, or grilled. But not your crp .
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Sorry that my first post read like SPAM. I assure you I am a regular joe just like you all, trying to build an oven. I figured since I'll have some leftover insulation board, why not offer it to the community that could use it?

besides, what kind of spam wont ship and would possibly deliver?

Comment

GS Warriors - are you still sitting on the floor insulation? Did you start your oven? How is it going?

Comment

Zekebv and others - I have not started my oven build yet. In fact, I (sadly) have decided to change my plans and forego the build at this time. My wife and I are expecting our first baby in July and the time and money could really be better spent with the little guy. Plus, I don't anticipate many big pizza parties in the coming years with an infant and a toddler! Eventually, I'd like an oven, but I'm afraid it is just not in the cards for me at the moment.

That being said, I am sitting on 1 unopened box of Cal-Sil board (1.5 inch thick, 12x36, 12 pieces) and 2 boxes of ceramic blanket (12.5 feet long x 2 in x 2 in)

I got the blanket from here: McGills Warehouse Online Department Store,

and the Cal-Sil from: Pacific Insulation - Industrial Products - Pipe Insulation, Air Handling/HVAC, Industrial Insulation, Commercial Insulation, Insulation Fabrication

Since I no longer need it, I'm hoping I can sell it to some other fella thats looking to build an oven. I'd like to get what I paid for it:
          Blanket: $50
          Cal-Sil board: $130

I will post pictures later if needed.

Send me a PM or post here.

THanks
          Last edited by gswarriors; 04-24-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Hey guys,
            I took some pictures of the insulation. Had to open the box of blanket to take a picture, since there are no markings on the outside of the box. I didn't pull the blanket and have sealed the box back up. The Cal-Sil remains sealed, but its box explains the contents.

Read my post above for explanation of sale. I'm just figuring someone in or near my neck of the woods is collecting materials for an oven build, since I wont be using it any longer.

I'd be glad to answer any questions yall may have.

Cheers

Photos below:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...ps07643442.jpg
            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...ps14e061f2.jpg
            http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...psf67f21af.jpg
            Last edited by gswarriors; 04-26-2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

gswarriors

I am starting a build and I live in Santa Rosa. I don't get to Chico much unfortunately!

I know this is last minute, but if your username means that you are a Golden State Warriors fan, and if you will be at the game tonight - so will I so we could meet there!

Otherwise might be able to make a plan to meet in the Bay Area next time you drive though?

I am new to this board so I don't yet know how to send you a private email address!

Neil

Comment

Thanks and good luck to boerwarrior!

Insulation all sold off. Thanks to those that responded.

Comment

Originally posted by gswarriors View Post
                  Hey guys,
                  I took some pictures of the insulation. Had to open the box of blanket to take a picture, since there are no markings on the outside of the box. I didn't pull the blanket and have sealed the box back up. The Cal-Sil remains sealed, but its box explains the contents.

Read my post above for explanation of sale. I'm just figuring someone in or near my neck of the woods is collecting materials for an oven build, since I wont be using it any longer.

I'd be glad to answer any questions yall may have.

Cheers

Photos below:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...ps07643442.jpg
                  http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...ps14e061f2.jpg
                  http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...psf67f21af.jpg
                  it's a longshot I know but do ya still have it ?

Comment

Working...
                  X