Chris' oven build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris' oven build

Hello everyone. Long time lurker and not much of a contributor. I am learning, so i don't have much to add, but a lot to learn. I want to do it right the first time, so am looking for advise. I am planning on an igloo style WBO.

So far, I have a 4" concrete base with a 4.25" 5:1 vermiculite to cement. The insulation layer is currently drying and about 1-2 weeks before being ready to move on. So i have time for recommendations.

Issues so far. The base is 4 foot x 4.5 foot. I want to maximize the area of my oven. My question is, is a blanket the best way to go to keep my wall thickness down? I will be using firebricks cut in half for the walls.

Here is the picture of it so far. It is next to the fireplace I built last year. Everything will be faced with stone when I am done.

[IMG][/IMG]

Re: Chris' oven build

Looks good now the fun begins!
    “Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.”

Trellis

Home Sweet Home~ Colorado Springs ~

sigpic

Comment

except it keeps raining and the vermiculite is a sponge, so aside from cutting blocks and stacking them on a table pretending to build a pizza oven, i am stuck. LOL.

Any advise on how thick of a blanket i should use? Can i get by with 3"? that would maximize my internal size of the oven. I kinda limited myself with a 48" wide base.

Comment

3 inches of blanket is plenty. I would think that it is better than most have done.
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Working...
        X