oven setback from front??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven setback from front??

I'm building the 42" Pompeii and have the stand and hearth finished. I gave myself a few extra inches on each side for finishing with stone vaneer. I'm doing the layout now and looking at plans trying to figure out how far back the actual oven entrance is from the front apron of the hearth. It looks like it is over 2 feet. Any thoughts on oven setback???? I dont mind having some extra room at vent landing but it seems it might be harder to reach in with peel. ???
    Last edited by larrycooper; 05-14-2013, 09:31 AM. Reason: add pix

Re: oven setback from front??

Originally posted by larrycooper View Post
    I'm building the 42" Pompeii and have the stand and hearth finished. I gave myself a few extra inches on each side for finishing with stone vaneer. I'm doing the layout now and looking at plans trying to figure out how far back the actual oven entrance is from the front apron of the hearth. It looks like it is over 2 feet. Any thoughts on oven setback???? I dont mind having some extra room at vent landing but it seems it might be harder to reach in with peel. ???
    Most people say. The shorter the better but that said you may want a place to put pots etc. on where exiting the oven. A landing apron of sorts. This provides a cool area in which to place things when the oven is hot.

I have a 15.5 inch outer arch with a 10 inch rounded extension I have not completed the landing yet but look at the photo to get an idea of what I have done so far. The landing will be at oven floor level when complete.

No problem getting things in and out of the oven with this configuration.

Chip
    Last edited by mrchipster; 05-14-2013, 06:28 AM.
    Chip

Comment

great oven! Are you saying you have 25.5 inches between front of apron and oven opening? It doesn't look like you have that much space. Thanks, Larry

Comment

Larry

it's a little hard to see from this picture but I will have about 12 inches in front of my inner arch. Then right at the front of the firebrick landing I will have another sideways red brick - so about another 4 inches. So that makes it 16 inches total from the inner arch to the very outer edge of the landing. I have "tested" moving pizzas around on a peel and it feels like that is a good distance for me. However my oven is small - only 32 inches.

I will also have a "staging" counter-top area on either side of the oven.

Neil

Comment

looks great! I'm going to have to stick with my original plans with about 27 inches of room in front of inner arch. Thanks

Comment

Sounds good. make sure you buy a peel with a long handle!!

Comment

Gudday
              I have a 2 brick setback say 18 in . If I could suggest make you entrance Wide! And not to short .... You will not have a problem. As for long peels and tools I started off with long handles and shortened them as I went.
              Advantages are also . Pizza can pass each other going in and out. No smoke stains! No singed eye brows. You can have some wood warming in the entrance ready to throw in at a moments notice to keep the pizza heat up.
              And at the end of the night you can draw the fire forward and have an ambient fireplace
              Regards dave
              Measure twice
              Cut once
              Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
              My Door
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Working...
              X