Primavera 70 Just Arrived

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primavera 70 Just Arrived

At long last, my Primavera 70 was deliverd today. I know FB says the oven can stay out in the elements all year round, so long as you don't let water get inside. My oven arrived without a door (FB is shipping one to me), and the FB person who helped me said I could just cover the oven with a tarp to keep out rain until the door arrives. She added that she keeps hers covered with a tarp. So my question is, even with the door in place, do you folks keep your WFOs covered when not in use? Thanks in advance!
    cooking is my golf

Re: Primavera 70 Just Arrived

I have a roof on mine so no tarp required. I am sure others will chime in on this.

Welcome to the party!!!

Chip
    Chip

Comment

Ya have to keep the oven dry, just by placing the door there wont stop the water soaking into the oven.
      The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I keep my primavera covered.....you should also, sideways rain will get in. I bought a cover intended for a small patio furniture set, as recommended by someone here. It really should come with the oven to be honest.

Comment

The problem with a cover or tarp is that it also holds moisture in. A roof over the oven is really the best solution so moisture can escape with air movement, but a roof means effort and expense as well as creating a problem where the flue needs to penetrate the roof. My oven is out in the weather and after heavy tropical rain for weeks the inside of the door starts to grow some mould. Probably should leave the door off so the inside can breathe. A few prolonged fires easily restores normal function.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
          X