How flat does the floor have to be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How flat does the floor have to be?

Newbie here, thanks for all the advice from you pros!
    How smooth does the oven floor have to be? We've had an Artigiano 100 installed and the floor isn't perfectly level, although it's close. There are only 4 pieces to the floor, it's not individual bricks. I saw on other posts that some people solve the leveling problem with sand underneath and some solve it by grinding it down a bit from the top. Since we're not done with the curing stage, I don't know in actual practice how smooth it has to be to avoid catching the peel. Everything is already in place in the oven (which comes mostly assembled), but there is enough room at the sides that I could probably pry up the floor stones if necessary. The floor bricks are inside the dome.
    Thanks!

Re: How flat does the floor have to be?

You will find that the minor variance in the floor height will not cause any problems with your pizza baking. I remember worrying about the same issue. I noticed that your fire is in the back of the oven. When you start baking pizzas, push the coals to the left or right side of the oven. If you put the coals in the back of the oven, the flame/heat will tend to escape out the flu. If you put the coals on the side of the oven, the flame/heat will warm the opposite side of the oven. If you put the fire on the right side of the oven, then the magic spot for baking the pizza will be the left rear quadrant. If you are baking a 12" pie, the pizza will likely fit 100% on the hearth stone that sits in that left rear quadrant. With this in mind, your pizza will not cross one of the hearth stone seams. Even if it does cross one of the seams, you will find that it will not degrade your pizza.

Comment

Re: How flat does the floor have to be?

Thank you! Nice to know that it won't really be a problem.

Comment

Working...
      X