oven exterior waterproofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oven exterior waterproofing

Now that I got the hearth fixed, I need to do something about the outside!

This oven is going to sit outside of my home, for right now its in the garage and I wheel it outside when I want to use it!

Is there any way I can remove the insulation from it and make it water proof? Or am I better off just building a little house around the whole thing?

Re: oven exterior waterproofing

Ideas anyone? The oven is sitting outside my home now with a piece of plywood on it and a tarp over it. Looks a little trashy! Thanks!!

Comment

Tin sides, what about a simple tin roof, you could use metal Studs as others have used for the trusses and quickly and easily put a metal roof over it.

If you want to get fancy it might even be cone shaped like the top of an Iowa corn silo.
      Chip

Comment

If I were to have my friend who is a mason brick the outside, would that be suitable as outdoor protection? That way I could retain the dome shape. Would it be ok for me to remove the insulation if I were to do this?

Comment

Brick is not an insulator and you want insulation, also just doing brick will allow water to pass through and your oven will get wet, in the winter you may experience melting of snow into your brickwork and that will cause problems also. The Midwest is not a great place for a dome exterior unless covered by some type of roof.

Another problem is the weight of the bricks, can your base handle the load?
          Chip

Comment

That was just the answer I was (or wasn't) looking for! Thanks! I will see what I can come up with for an enclosure.

Comment

Working...
            X