Finished before I start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished before I start?

I was reading through my neighborhoods CCR's. They do not allow wood burning. I think I'm toasted before I can even begin.....

Zuk

Re: Finished before I start?

Not even in a fireplace or woodstove?

Comment

yes i would check - - there are often exceptions... do they allow backyard barbecue's?

Comment

They do allow backyard barbeques....charcoal and gas....I'm curious if I can make the case that I'm making my own charcoal?

Comment

Land of thr free, indeed...be like the Govt. plead ignorance, and beg forgivness....just tell them that you use charcoal in it......till they leave....Tell them its part of your religion and you will sue if you can't exercise your rights....
          " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

I believe that neighborhood ordinances like this are intended to reduce smell and contaminants from impacting other neighbors - which I actually support because I have a neighbor that in winter burns low temperature fires with green, low quality wood. And it stinks.

For Pizza ovens you make very hot fires with high quality dry wood (like seasoned oak). If I make my fires right I only get dark smoke for the first 2-3 minutes. After that the smoke is thin and white - and my 8 foot chimney takes it high enough not to worry anyone.

Comment

Working...
            X