replied
    Re: How many bags of vermiculite

Let me try one more

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

G'day
    Sorry, tucker,should have really taken a bit more time to explain that.
    What it means really ... Its what's available, what's in season, what you can have. And its sharing it....
    That tuna of yours .... Well who could keep that to themselves?
    You share that and get that back, ten fold.
    Its not just "bush tucker" those strange things that appear in there right season.
    Its about using those fruits which are about and sharing them out.
    The WFO attracts more wood than it can burn sometimes. But I can always find someone too except the simple bread and pizza I bake.
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

Food........

Leave a comment:

• Art nj
    replied

Thanks cobblerdave, I had to look up the meaning of "tucker" ... Lol.
    I'll try taking some shots with the phone upright..
    Thanks
    Art

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

G'day
    Hold the phone longways ( landscape) button on the right.
    Great tucker!
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• Art nj
    replied

Here's a shot from last week from the side

Leave a comment:

• Art nj
    replied

Here are the ribs after an hour of high heat smoke and an hour under foil with apple juice on the bottom of the pan

Leave a comment:

• Art nj
    replied

I m sorry about the sideways pictures , I'm doing this from my phone.

Sesame encrusted tuna, arugula, wasabi sauce , and teriyaki glaze.

Leave a comment:

• Art nj
    replied

I'm at the point of drying out the brickwork and insulating, and building the house, I made a couple quick pizzas and smoked a rack of ribs this past weekend, the oven performed very well, the walls and dome were 700 degrees and it took about an hour and a half with some real good oak.
    The smoking went well for my first time.. The oven was way to hot but I didn't have all day to cook, I fired the oven for like an hour then let the fire die down and I added wet chunks of apple and hickory... I'll include some pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Art nj
    replied

Another picture

Leave a comment:

• Art nj
    replied

Hello again, I've been busy building the stand for the oven and excavating for the pavers at the same time. I picked up 2" ceramic fiber board today from a really good source in east Brunswick nj. Anyway, here is a picture of the aluminum Uchannel with the board and firebrick. I think this idea will work out well.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

G'day
    Yes the dreaded barrel vault will make pizza!!!!
    I have a good friend who has a barrel vault , with an internal chimney, and its long. He is the master of that thing, he can get it pumping out pizza for a caste of thousands. I help him out and have lost more than a few arm hairs along the way. I can't understand his oven but I do understand he knows his so well. And for long baking you can't best it!
    I have had the experience of using 4 different ovens now and I think mines the best .....but I could be bias ???
    Regards Dave

Leave a comment:

• Art nj
    replied

We all know how hard it is to get the "dreaded" barrel vault even close to pizza making temperatures....lol , but seriously , with the firebricks stood on edge plus the 2" ceramic fiber insulation I don't thing the temperature of the aluminum is going to get even close to the melting point.. I guess we're gonna find out soon enough.

Art

Leave a comment:

• Calisdad
    replied

Hey Al.

You work with aluminum and you weld aluminum so I'm pretty sure you understand aluminum melts at 1200F. I don't understand why you would want in in your oven structure. If it ends up sagging.. well you get the picture. Most of your heat loss will rise so if you're really concerned about it why not just use more. I am quite happy with the perlite-Portland-sand formula and 3" is more than adequate. I found perlite to be cheaper than vermiculite (about half) and doesn't compress as easily.

enjoy your build-
    C-dad

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

G'day
    The iPhone will only post 1 pic at a time but it is possible to go back in the post and by using advance edit put in another . But the disadvantage is the time taken and not everyone will get to see all the pics as they have looked at the post and moved on.
    To stop the dreaded sideways shots... Take your pics in landscape with the button on the right

Regards dave

Leave a comment:

Working...
X