• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• di11on
    replied
    Re: Concrete Calculations

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
    The final volume is not the combined volumes of the ingredients, but the mass IS the combined mass.

Are you talking regular concrete or refractory castable?
    I'm not sure what I'm talking about yet... I'm trying to get an idea of how much of what I'd need for the various options... since I'm going for a small oven, I don't think the cost difference will be much.

I would probably go with a refractory castable if I could find one here in France. Identification and availability of the materials may determine what I use in the end. I am currently looking at a mix of sand, clay, ciment fondu and crushed brick. I've read good things about this mix in France... assuming I can overcome the fast set time issue. Since it is a small build, I might get away with it if I have extra hands.

So I guess I just need an idea of the resultant concrete's density, then I can work out the final weight and thus the weight of the individual components I need.

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied
    Re: Concrete Calculations

The final volume is not the combined volumes of the ingredients, but the mass IS the combined mass.

Are you talking regular concrete or refractory castable?

Leave a comment:

• di11on
    started a topic Concrete Calculations

Concrete Calculations

Hi folks,

I'm trying to work out the weight/volume of ingredients I'd need for a given volume of concrete. I presume the volume of concrete you end up with is not the combined volume of the ingredients?

Edit:
    I know the volume of the casts...

Do I just assume a certain density for the finished concrete and thus calculate the finished weight and then assume that the combined weight of the ingredients should equal this weight?
    Last edited by di11on; 05-08-2014, 03:12 AM.
Working...
X