newbie build with pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie build with pic

Hey all, new to this forum from England and I have started my build! I could do with some advise if possible on where to go from here.

I am finding it difficult to source any fire bricks for the bottom of the oven or for the top!

I have some red clay bricks which I was hoping to be able to use but wanted to see if they would be ok or find out an alternative to a fire brick, perhaps a red engineering brick instead?

Any advise would be great. hope you like the design, its not very traditional!

thanks

James

Re: newbie build with pic

Hello James and welcome!

What kind of oven would you like to build? That will play a big part in answering your questions.

Also, can you post some more information about your base? Maybe a picture with the doors open? It looks like it may not be able to hold a very large weight but it is difficult to tell!

Neil

It

Comment

James,

Forno Bravo recommends using clay bricks if you can't find firebricks. See Forno Bravo viewpoint: Choosing the Right Brick Oven Bricks

BTW I guess the wood on your base is just decorative. It must be built from concrete blocks and can withstand weight, or is it?
      Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
      I forgot who said that.

Comment

Hi Brian I'm also in england my source for materials was Liam at Firebricks Great products and help
        link to my effort http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/7...art-20707.html

"95% reading this forum 5% building"

Comment

Hi Brian, I'm in Devon and used heater blocks from night storage heaters (eBay) for the floor and old red building bricks for the dome; it's working well so far !

I did a thread on my build which might assist.
          Build thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/m...sts-20752.html

Comment

Working...
          X